P4A 3 is coming, we’ve only 2 tasks to complete in our roadmap!
For 2.99.7, out 8th preview release, I worked most of all on translation support to build multilanguage applications and now our products_catalogue sample has multilanguage features you should explore.
The raw changelog:
- a bug with disabled P4A_Field::getAsCheckbox() was solved
- P4A_Field::getAsRadio()’s CSS was modified a bit
- P4A_Fieldset’s legend is now auto translated on getAsString()
- P4A_Menu’s items are now auto translated on getAsString()
- P4A_Mask’s title is now auto translated on getAsString()
- P4A_Table’s headers names are now auto translated on getAsString()
- P4A_Mask’s title is now automatically generated using ucfirst() function instead of ucwords()
- P4A_I18N::mergeTranslation() method was added
- products catalogue sample application was changed for simplicity (SQL structure also)
- products catalogue sample application multilanguage support was added
- P4A:I18N::format() and normalize() methods now have a new parameter that allows coder to control
if the method should throw an exception or now (default is true)
- P4A_Fields now turns off the exception throwing parameter when calling P4A:I18N::format() or
P4A:I18N::normalize(), to avoid application break due to a wrong input
PS: remember to keep your eyes on the P4A TV!
PPS: spread the word :-)