Kevin and I released the new fantastic version of the UI Layout plugin for jQuery, changelog:
* RENAMED raisePaneZindexOnHover ==> showOverflowOnHover
* REMOVED "overflow: auto" from base-styles. Overflow must now be set by
CSS - unless applyDefaultStyles==true. No longer need "!important" to
set pane overflow in your stylesheet.
* CHANGED minSize default from 50 to 0 (still auto-limited to 'css size')
* FIXED bug in allowOverflow - now works with 'custom paneClass'
* EXPOSED two CSS utility methods
o myLayout.cssWidth( elem )
o myLayout.cssHeight( elem )
* NEW auto-resize for ALL layouts on windows.resize
* UPDATED auto-resizing of panes after a container-resize
* NEW flow-code to prevent simultaneous pane animations
* NEW options to add text inside toggler-buttons
* NEW options for hotkeys - standard (cursors) and user-defined
Hungry for new capabilities demos? check the powerful nesting and the droppable portlets demo
So now go directly to jQuery UI Layout official website for documentation, download and DEMOS!
You may already know that Kevin Dalman and I were working on a new jQuery UI Layout project, based on my FBBorderLayout now you have the layout system based on jQuery!
- unlimited layout capabilities: 5 regions per layout – unlimited nesting
- simple to use: powerful but simple syntax is easy to learn
- dozens of options: every aspect is customizable, globally and by region
- total CSS control: dozens of auto-generated classes create ANY UI look
- extensible: callbacks, methods, and special utilities provide total control
- custom buttons: integrates with your own buttons for a custom UI look
- use any elements: use divs, iframes or any elements you want as a ‘pane’
- collapsable: each pane can be closed, using any UI animation you want
- hidable: panes can be completely hidden, either on startup or at any time
- resizable: each pane can be resized, within automatic or specified limits
- slidable: panes can also ‘slide open’ for temporary access
- headers & footers: each region has unlimited headers or footers
- nesting capabilities: put layouts within layouts to create complex layouts
- demo mode: set applyDefaultStyles option for a fully functional layout
- compatible with UI widgets: intended to be used with other UI widgets
- and MORE
Visit jQuery UI Layout official website for demos, documentation and download!
Looking for a jquery border layout?
Changelog for this release:
- a few bugs were fixed (thanks to Matteo Ligabue)
- nested layouts support was added
- the syntax to start the borderlayout was changed thus please check the new samples
- this release has some issue with Internet Explorer, if you don’t need nested layouts or you’re not using Internet Explorer please wait for 1.0 before update
FBBorderLayout home page
I released a new version today with support for collapsable regions, check it out at FBBorderLayout home page.
After the first post about the idea, here you have the project page :-)
This is the month of the big releases :-) first was UCK 2.0 a few days ago, now it’s time for P4A – PHP For Applications 2.2!
Highlights of this release:
- Prototype/scriptaculous were dropped and jQuery was added. Thanks to jQuery and some wonderful plugins we added a new color picker field type, the ajax file upload feature, some great improvements to the popup system also with the ability to block the underlying interface and a beautiful audio/video preview system.
- Answering to many request the tooltip system was implemented, $field->setTooltip() and you’ve done the work of providing information about fields on your mask.
- Another requested feature: field autocomplete, similar to the google suggest one, enjoy it
- A smooth “helpers system” was introduced, now everyone can really write plugins for P4A, overriding core mothods without having to patch framework’s file (this only works with PHP5)
- The getid3 library was added, its work is to read all data from multimedia files and pass them to P4A that will use them and store them. Now we have a better width/height/mime-type detection for many and many multimedia file formats.
- …and many many improvements and bugfixes, check the changelog for the complete list
You should have no problems directly upgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.2.0, otherwise write us on the help forum!
Can’t you wait? Here you have:
P4A 2.2.0 download
You already know that we can’t stop, things are already moving… we’ll publish more info very soon, also because I’m going to commit some preliminary tests for the next big step: P4A 3.0. Don’t miss it, I swear you’ll like it.
If you use P4A SVN, please switch to the 2.2 branch and don’t use the main trunk anymore!!! That’s because we’re working on it for P4A 3.0!
see you :)