Time goes bye, but that doesn’t mean I’m not thinking about the new version of P4A almost every day… Continue reading
Just a quick update on the development, please follow quicker on p4a’s facebook page:
- products catalog is acting as a skeleton application from now on, so it’s been moved to a separate repository: https://github.com/fballiano/p4a-products-catalog
- products catalog now has full composer support to install zend framework and autloading everything (check composer.json if you need to add things)
- p4a’s repository has been stripped down removing applications/icons and some other thigs
- at the moment i suggest you not to clone p4a’s repository cause i’m heavily moving things and refactoring so it’s really difficult for anyone to make an application run
we’re moving, we’re moving, expect more info soon!
In the last months we had problems with the past infrastructure, our mediawiki was heavily attacked and become useless and SourceForge’s bugtracker was completely destroyed by spam. So I took the suggestion of one of our followers to rethink about everything and give it a spin:
- First of all I moved the code repository to github (with full history, except for tags), hope everyone of you is familiar with it. This will make code collaboration much easier and I hope in some more contributions for the future. There’s also a new repository for contribs.
- The previous wiki was completely migrated to github’s wiki.
- The old bugtracker was disabled and the new bugtracker is github’s issues system.
- The SF’s news system was disabled, the official P4A news will be published on this blog (subscribe p4a’s tag RSS to be updated)
- The p4a.sf.net page has been updated with the new links.
That should be all for now, thank you everyone and I hope we’ll see much more movement around P4A in the future!
A new maintainance release is ready just for you, giving you full precise compatibility, here’s the changelog:
— 2.4.6 —
* Unity was added to the desktop manager choice
* Languages list was updated to precise
* A bug with /etc/resolv.con on precise was fixed
* A bug with xubuntu-terminal was fixed
* grub-probe now is deactivated during chroot processes
* Added 64x64px icon
A new maintainance release is ready just for you, giving you full oneiric compatibility (except for alternate, we need help), here’s the changelog:
— 2.4.5 —
* new languages (zh-hans/zh-hant) are now correctly handled.
* hybrid image generation support was added to uck-gui (#830146)
* oneiric language packs support was added
* /etc/fstab is not mandatory in the squashfs file system (#808506)
* /var/run is now a symbolic link to /run (#812418)
* Oneiric alternate support was added (#842487)
* mkisofs calls were replaced with genisoimage (#836350)
* isohybrid support was added (uck-remaster-pack-iso -h) (#830146)
* manifest diff now checks if manifest files really exist
* lxterminal support was added (#865295)
* mksquashfs now uses XZ (lzma) compression if available
(squashfs-tool => 4.1 and guest kernel => 2.6.30)
* gfxboot-theme-ubuntu download method was rewritten
* firefox locale auto-remove workaround was added (#886838)
* suggestion for syslinux (isohybrid) installation was added
Another maintenance release for our beloved project, here you’ve the changelog:
– “meta viewport” tag was added to mask’s HTML for a better mobile rendering
– P4A::getMetaViewport() and setMetaViewport() methods were added
from the first visible column of the first P4A_Frame widget
– a bug with P4A_Frame and multiple CSS classes was solved
– P4A_Table’s arrow symbols were because the past ones weren’t shown on mobile
– an ob_clean() call was added to P4A_Thumbnail_Generator::outputThumbnail()
– Zend Framework was updated to 1.11.10
– P4A_Table’s image cols do not throw exception anymore if the image
does not exist
– P4A_Field_loadSelectByArray helper now supports a second parameter to specify
the array’s primary key field name