In the last months we had problems with the past infrastructure, our mediawiki was heavily attacked and become useless and SourceForge’s bugtracker was completely destroyed by spam. So I took the suggestion of one of our followers to rethink about everything and give it a spin:
The SF’s news system was disabled, the official P4A news will be published on this blog (subscribe p4a’s tag RSS to be updated)
The p4a.sf.net page has been updated with the new links.
The forum system is still on SourceForge, I didn’t find a way to migrate it somewhere else but it didn’t have any bad troubles in the past so it should be ok to keep it on SourceForge at the moment, what do you think?
That should be all for now, thank you everyone and I hope we’ll see much more movement around P4A in the future!
A new maintainance release is ready just for you, giving you full precise compatibility, here’s the changelog:
— 2.4.6 —
* Unity was added to the desktop manager choice
* Languages list was updated to precise
* A bug with /etc/resolv.con on precise was fixed
* A bug with xubuntu-terminal was fixed
* grub-probe now is deactivated during chroot processes
* Added 64x64px icon
— 2.4.5 —
* new languages (zh-hans/zh-hant) are now correctly handled.
* hybrid image generation support was added to uck-gui (#830146)
* oneiric language packs support was added
* /etc/fstab is not mandatory in the squashfs file system (#808506)
* /var/run is now a symbolic link to /run (#812418)
* Oneiric alternate support was added (#842487)
* mkisofs calls were replaced with genisoimage (#836350)
* isohybrid support was added (uck-remaster-pack-iso -h) (#830146)
* manifest diff now checks if manifest files really exist
* lxterminal support was added (#865295)
* mksquashfs now uses XZ (lzma) compression if available
(squashfs-tool => 4.1 and guest kernel => 2.6.30)
* gfxboot-theme-ubuntu download method was rewritten
* firefox locale auto-remove workaround was added (#886838)
* suggestion for syslinux (isohybrid) installation was added