- I’d hire 5 programmers to finish PHP unicode support in 2 months
- I’d hire 5 programmers to clean up the database drivers and fix some PDO problems within 4 months, so also PHP could have a great DB interface like jdbc or ado
- I’d hire 2 programmers to add a full abstraction layer to Zend_DB
- I’d drop the old Zend Studio and focus on Eclipse PDT
- I’d start a PHP development blog, people need to know where developers are going
This is just my opinion working every day with PHP for many purposes since 7 years.
PS: Surely also SOAP support needs attention but it seems they’re working on it.