You can use the following script (the most important part is the “setImportMode(true)”, which will avoid the confirm emails to be sent): Continue reading
I know I’m not using this blog so much lately, I mostly write things on different social networks but… the week finishing now it’s been amazing and I want to write something down for my own future memories. Continue reading
Just a quick update on the development, please follow quicker on p4a’s facebook page:
- products catalog is acting as a skeleton application from now on, so it’s been moved to a separate repository: https://github.com/fballiano/p4a-products-catalog
- products catalog now has full composer support to install zend framework and autloading everything (check composer.json if you need to add things)
- p4a’s repository has been stripped down removing applications/icons and some other thigs
- at the moment i suggest you not to clone p4a’s repository cause i’m heavily moving things and refactoring so it’s really difficult for anyone to make an application run
we’re moving, we’re moving, expect more info soon!
I just finished reading the Instant Magento performance optimization howto ebook by Packt and I’m about to write a quick review.
First of all this book is short (50 pages), quick and easy to read. Don’t misunderstand me, for me this is a big plus: Magento is a big universe and for me it’s better to have more specialized books instead of one big book covering everything (which is actually impossible).
Performance are also a big trouble for everyone who works with Magento so anyway this book is a little investment for a nice and complete (also if not very deep) reading (but also a practical manual) on Magento performance overview.
I’d rate this book 7.5/10, as an advanced developer I would have liked more advanced details but probably this should have gone beyond the scope of the book itself so at the end… it’s totally worth its money and most of all it’s a good read for all the kind of Magento workers, from designers to coders to system managers.
And you get some weird errors…
open your app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Api/Nvp.php file and search for SOLUTIONTYPE, change its value to “mark”.
Edit your PayPal preferences from Magento backend and use this PayPal Url:
You should be done.
I just received the Mastering Magento ebook from Packt a few hours ago, I’m really out of time in these weeks but I wanted to share a couple of thoughts from the first look at this book.
If you’re a Magento developer, than get it, from a really quick view (I’m gonna review it later) I think I’ll buy the printed copy to keep on my desk, as a senior Magento developer I already know most of the things writting in the book but it is really well written, full of useful information and it will become helpful when you’ve to do something quick but you don’t remenber exactly how to do it or a particular meaning of a Magento terminology.
It seems to cover all the main areas and it has a really lifesaver section which is the pre-launch checklist.
Also very useful if you’re teaching a junior developer/designer and you need a deeper introduction to Magento (this book is not for who didn’t see Magento before in his life).
Another thing I think, it could be easily split in 2 version cause the introduction says that the book is intended for developers and store owners but I think that store owners should not be bothered with all the dev stuff, anyway part of the book would be really perfect to be given to store owners saying “hey this is the Magento manual” :-)
In the last months we had problems with the past infrastructure, our mediawiki was heavily attacked and become useless and SourceForge’s bugtracker was completely destroyed by spam. So I took the suggestion of one of our followers to rethink about everything and give it a spin:
- First of all I moved the code repository to github (with full history, except for tags), hope everyone of you is familiar with it. This will make code collaboration much easier and I hope in some more contributions for the future. There’s also a new repository for contribs.
- The previous wiki was completely migrated to github’s wiki.
- The old bugtracker was disabled and the new bugtracker is github’s issues system.
- The SF’s news system was disabled, the official P4A news will be published on this blog (subscribe p4a’s tag RSS to be updated)
- The p4a.sf.net page has been updated with the new links.
That should be all for now, thank you everyone and I hope we’ll see much more movement around P4A in the future!