Another maintenance release for our beloved project, here you’ve the changelog:
– “meta viewport” tag was added to mask’s HTML for a better mobile rendering
– P4A::getMetaViewport() and setMetaViewport() methods were added
from the first visible column of the first P4A_Frame widget
– a bug with P4A_Frame and multiple CSS classes was solved
– P4A_Table’s arrow symbols were because the past ones weren’t shown on mobile
– an ob_clean() call was added to P4A_Thumbnail_Generator::outputThumbnail()
– Zend Framework was updated to 1.11.10
– P4A_Table’s image cols do not throw exception anymore if the image
does not exist
– P4A_Field_loadSelectByArray helper now supports a second parameter to specify
the array’s primary key field name
Download P4A 3.8.4
A few improvements on different areas, here you’ve the changelog:
– P4A_DB_Navigator now supports query defined sources
– a bug with P4A_Data_Source::saveUploads() was solved
– a bug with P4A_Table’s image cols (without GD installed) was solved
– P4A_DB_Navigator now triggers a beforeclick event
– all p4a_load_js calls were migrated to require.js
– a bug with P4A_DB_Source::deleteRow() called when in newRow state was solved
– a bug with P4A_GD constant default definition was solved
– P4A_Mask::restart() method was added
– Zend Framework was updated to 1.11.7
– translations were updated
– P4A_DB_Source::load() method now checks for duplicate calls and throws an error
Download P4A 3.8.3
This is a minor release but it contains really a lot of great upgrades and fixes, here you’ve the changelog:
– Zend Framework was updated to 1.11.6
– CKEditor was updated to 3.6.0
– jQuery UI was updated to 1.8.11
– requirejs was added
– P4A_Dir_Source automatically sorts files
– P4A_Dir_Source::setPageLimit() calling was disabled
– P4A_Dir_Source’s page limit is now set to 0 (disabled)
– autocomplete values are now sorted and unique
– P4A_Field::getSource() method was added
– p4a_load_js now uses requirejs
– P4A_Field and P4A_Data_Fields now support the “datetime” type
– P4A_Field and P4A_Data_Fields now support the “time” type
– P4A_Object::dropImplement() now turns the action to lowercase
– deprecated method P4A_Object::dropMethod() was removed
– P4A_DB_Navigator now correctly supports source with non-default DSN
Download P4A 3.8.2
For everyone interested I just published my Esprinet importer for Magento.
It reads Esprinet’s dispoP.txt export file and convert it to CSV, passing it to a patched version of the great Magmi importer.
I also features a category choser/renamer/remapper to add some flexibility.
A new maintainance release is ready just for you, giving you full natty compatibility, here’s the changelog:
— 2.4.4 —
* Fixed usage message in uck-remaster to match the parameter handling
that was already implemented.
* Start message now contains output of uname and lsb_release. This
should help to better diagnose problems.
* customize script now outputs kernel and lsb_release info. This
should help to better diagnose problems,
* uck-gui now gives proper usage message and outputs uname and
* uck-gui now passes REMASTER_HOME to uck-remaster. Necessary for
changed behaviour of sudo in Natty. Fixes (#748209). Answer
questions #151311, #151108, #150223
* Extract proxy environment variables in uck-gui and pass them on to
the chroot environment around sudo calls. Solves (#111253)
* Modified customize_iso to correctly use REMASTER_HOME if SCRIPT_DIR
was not specified.
* Fixed uck-gui man page: uck-gui does not accept a customization-dir
Download UCK 2.4.4 or use our stable PPA.
In the last few weeks I’ve been thinking a lot about the future of P4A, there would be a lot of small things to do but I wanted to think about something big enough for a major release jump.
Some time ago we discussed about the rendering layer, at the moment we generate all the HTML and we use our custom CSS + some jQuery/jQuery UI goodness to enhance everithing a little bit. Point is that jQuery UI is growing too slowly and we need something bigger and more RIA oriented, like Dojo, ExtJS or Qooxdoo. We discussed about which one would be better and at the moment I’d go with Dojo, it has a great FLOSS license, it’s supported by a lot of major players, it’s highly modular and it has my preferred way of including modules. At last I cannot avoid talking about the new wonderful “Claro” graphical theme, simply amazing.
So I started coding some of P4A’s widgets just to test something out and everything was pretty easy, I’d choose to use the declarative syntax because it was the fastest way to have everything running but now I’m running into a few major problems.
But here we’ve the most critical issue, every time the page is redesigned (not using a full page refresh) we’ve a noticable memory leak, dojo keeps allocating memory and this is very very bad. That’s not a dojo problem, I mean, I replease the DOM nodes and recall the dojo parser, but the previously built dojo objects are not removed from memory. Actually I hoped that dojo would have recognized that an element was already parsed but this is not happening. Thus we would have to destroy all dojo objects before redrawing them but this operation will make the page flickering longer.