If you want to create an Ubuntu based Linux distro keeping control on every single part of it? Instead of remastering an Ubuntu Desktop ISO try the Ubuntu Mini Remix and add just what you want, you’ll have a much cleaner result!
I had a few hours to spend working on UCK so I’m publishing a new release right now :) here’s the changelog:
* GUI: * splash notes were updated * a new configuration screen was added to allow selecting which languages will be available on the livecd boot splash (gfxboot). This was necessary because the language packs codes do not match gfxbook locales. * the default gfxboot language can be chosen only between the gfxboot available languages (easier selection). * default gfxboot language selection was made mandatory
* Backend: * a workaround for the chrooted gnome-terminal was implemented
I’m really happy today, a brand new UCK version is freely available, here the nice changelog:
* GUI: * ISO mime type check was removed because new Ubuntu ISOs have “x-iso9660” mime type * a bug with cd language selection was solved (thanks to Wolf Geldmacher)
* Backend: * .lz initrd support was added (thanks to Wolf Geldmacher) * new isolinux configuration format is now supported (thanks to Wolf Geldmacher) * if a local copy of gfxboot-theme-ubuntu is found inside ~/tmp it won’t be downloaded from bzr, allowing better customizations (thanks to Wolf Geldmacher) * gfxboot-theme-ubuntu source download routine was completely rewritten using wget instead of bzr
But the most important thing is that Wolf Geldmacher, the guy who provided most of the patches for this release, is joining UCK development team, this is an awesome news!
I know, I’m a little bit late with this post, hope you’ll excuse me but I’m really out of time in these weeks :-)
Last week we rolled out the new version of the Ubuntu Customization Kit, named 2.0.6, containing some bugfixes, hey we’re about to enter Ubuntu’s Universe repository, that’s a big step for our beloved project and we’re working with the Ubuntu team and Alessio Treglia to make it happen!
Do you want to remaster the Ubuntu ISOs? Here you have the tool you’ve ever wanted :-)
In this release you’ll find a few minor bugfix but we’ve been working with a great guy (Alessio Treglia) to make UCK enter Ubuntu’s “universe” repository, we’ll keep you up to date about this wonderful goal!
* GUI: * UCK version number fix
* Backend: * uck-remaster script now outputs UCK version for a better debugging * minor fix to download-gfxboot-theme-ubuntu (thanks to Alessio Treglia)
* Package: * minor fixes to uck.desktop (thanks to Alessio Treglia) * some license/copyright issues were fixed (thanks to Alessio Treglia)